2011年1月27日星期四

The sky over Marontik was frequented by primitive airships of all sizes and colors

The sky over Marontik was frequented by primitive airships of all sizes and colors, some truly horrendous in their pretension-dozens of corded red, green, and blue hot-air balloons tied together, from which hung great platforms of woven river reed, crowded with merchants, travelers, and spectators as well as lower beasts destined, I assumed, to become food. Humans ate meat.The balloon platforms provided a regular, replica Movado 1603976 WoMen's watch dizzying means of conveyance-and so, of course, my ancilla instructed me to pay for passage to the center of the city. When I pointed out I had no scrip, she guided me to a stash hidden in a nearby substation, hundreds of years old but unmolested by the humans.

I waited at an elevated platform and paid the fare to a skeptical agent, who looked over the ancient scrip with disdain. His narrow face and darting, beady eyes were overshadowed by a tall cylindrical hat made of fur. Only after chattering with a colleague hidden in a wicker cage did he accept my payment and allow me to board the next replica Movado 0605071 WoMen's watch creaking, swaying, lighter-than-air conveyance.The trip took an hour. The balloon platform arrived at city center as night fell. Lanterns were lit throughout the devious streets. Long shadows loomed.

I was surrounded by anthropoid rankness.In Marontik's largest market, my ancilla informed me, there had in years past been a collective of human guides, some of whom might still know the routes to the centers of local legend. Soon, the humans replica Movado 0605072 WoMen's watch would all be asleep-a condition with which I had had little experience-so we had to hurry. “If it's adventure you seek,” she said, “here is where you are most likely to find it-yet most likely to survive the experience."

没有评论:

发表评论