2011年1月27日星期四

The supply ship landed at the main research station north of Marontik

The supply ship landed at the main research station north of Marontik, the largest human community. The station was automated and empty but for a family of lemurs, who had set up residence in a long-abandoned barracks. It seemed the rest of civilization had forgotten about this place. I was the only Forerunner on the planet, and that was fine with me.I set out on foot across the last stretch of grassland and prairie and replica Movado 0605528 WoMen's watch arrived at midday on the trash-heaped outskirts of the city.Marontik, located at the confluence of two great rivers, was hardly a city at all by Forerunner standards. Wooden shacks and mud huts, some three or four stories tall, were arranged on either side of alleys branching into other alleys, winding in no particular direction.

This crowded collection of primitive hovels spread over dozens of square kilometers. It would have been easy for a young Forerunner to become lost, but my ancilla guided me with unerring skill.I wandered the streets for several hours, replica Movado 0605499 WoMen's watch a minor curiosity to the inhabitants but no more. I passed a doorway opening to underground passages from which rose noxious smells. Urchins in rags poured up through the door and surrounded me, chanting, “There are parts of Marontik only for the eyes of such a one . . .

The dead in review! Ancient queens and kings preserved in rum and honey! They have waited centuries for you!”Though that gave me a vague tingle, I ignored the urchins. They went away after a time, and never did I feel in danger. replica Movado 0605100 WoMen's watch seemed these rudely dressed, unkempt, shambling beings had some experience of Forerunners but little respect. This did not bother my ancilla. Here, she said, the genetically impressed rules of the Librarian included docility toward Forerunners, wariness toward strangers, and discretion in all else.

没有评论:

发表评论